The mpls downtown council (the “mdc”) is a 501 (c) 6 corporation founded in 1955. As one of the oldest central business district associations in the nation, the mdc works to preserve and enhance a vital and attractive downtown for the people who invest, work, shop, visit and live in Minneapolis. The mdc’s commitment to the future of downtown Minneapolis is included in Intersections: Downtown 2025 Plan.
The Minneapolis Downtown Improvement District (the “DID”) is a 501 (c) 6 wholly controlled subsidiary of the MDC. It was formed January 2009 and implements services and programs in a 120+ block area of Downtown Minneapolis. In concert with the mission of the mdc, the mission of the DID is to “enhance the vitality of downtown Minneapolis by making an area of approximately 120 square blocks (the “District”) cleaner, greener, safer and better”.
POSITION SUMMARY: CLICK HERE to view the position outline PDF.
This position is primarily responsible for administrative and project support to both the mdc and DID organizations. The position will report to the VP of External Relations.
The primary responsibility of the position is to support the needs of the mdc and DID programs and operations. In addition, this position will work to ensure the office functions smoothly and efficiently while collaborating with others to provide support around meeting and administrative functions.
Additional related responsibilities include:
- Serve as the first impression and point of contact for both
- Provide administrative support for mdc/DID
- Responsible for maintaining an efficient and well-organized
- Provide CRM
- Responsible for meeting coordination and minutes for committees as
- Manage content for mdc online registration and various collateral materials as requested.
- Other duties as
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manager of First Impressions – Provide a professional greeting, positive, and helpful attitude on the phone, in-person, via written communications, etc. for all mdc/DID stakeholders, general public, members, vendors, and
- Support for mdc/DID Management – Provide administrative and project management support for the mdc/DID Management team, including scheduling and calendar
- Maintain Office – Take responsibility for and steward best practices for maintaining an efficient work space. Ensure supplies are stocked and organized, equipment is working properly (phone, copier, computers, postage, etc.), handle any office maintenance issues that arise, and provide leadership in this area among
- Salesforce database support – Provide data entry support to ensure all contacts are kept up-to-date and current. Help to maintain current information for all committees and groups. Provide reports as
- Meeting Coordination and Minutes – Schedule, prepare for, staff, and document meetings and committee meetings as assigned. Liaison with meeting organizer/hosts in advance to ensure all needs are met. Primary committees include, mdc/DID Board of Directors and Executive
- Communication & Event Functions – As deemed necessary to fulfill role of mdc communications and events & programs, as it relates to support functions, aid the broader team, as directed. Initiatives to:
- Review and check on progress of specific assigned initiatives
- Provide research for strategic initiatives
- Assist with mdc functions, primarily the day to day needs, creation and editing of collateral pieces as requested, online registration, social media support, as it relates to mdc initiatives and
- Assist with other projects that support the mdc/DID mission
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable
- Some aspect of administrative support or project management is
- Excellent skills, both “soft” and
- Excellent customer service, human relations, and interpersonal
- Experience with meeting
- Interpersonal influence – values and nurtures relationships, effectively represents mdc/DID in external and internal matters and relates comfortably and effectively to management.
- Committed to a high degree of customer
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving
- Ability to manage multiple projects and respond to changing
- Solid organizational
- Ability to produce reports and analysis on
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Effective written and oral communication
- Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and
- Proficient with Zoom platform and virtual meeting
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is
- Experience with database software/s is
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume along with three references. Please send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org