The mpls downtown council and Downtown Improvement District are seeking applicants for an administrative coordinator position.
The mpls downtown council (the “mdc”) is a 501 (c) 6 corporation founded in 1955. As one of the most historic central business district associations in the nation, the mdc works to preserve and enhance a vital and attractive downtown for the people who invest, work, shop, visit and live in mpls. The mdc’s commitment to the future of downtown mpls is included in Intersections: Downtown 2025 Plan.
The Minneapolis Downtown Improvement District (the “MDID”) is a 501 © 6 wholly controlled subsidiary of the MDC. It was formed January 2009 and implements services and programs in a 120+ block area of Downtown Minneapolis. In concert with the mission of the mdc, the mission of the MDID is to “enhance the vitality of downtown Minneapolis by making an area of approximately 120 square blocks (the “District”) cleaner, greener, safer and better”.
This position is primarily responsible for office administrative support to both the mdc and MDID organizations. The position will report to the vp of external relations.POSITION SUMMARY:
The primary responsibility of the position is to support the needs of the mdc and MDID programs and operations. In addition, this position will work to ensure the office functions smoothly and efficiently while collaborating with others to provide support around meeting and administrative functions.
Additional related responsibilities include:
- Serve as the first impression and point of contact for both organizations.
- Provide administrative support for mdc/MDID senior management (CEO, COO, VP External Relations), and others as projects require.
- Responsible for maintaining an efficient and well organized office.
- Responsible for meeting scheduling, coordination and minutes for committees as assigned.
- Other duties as requested.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Point of First Impressions – Provide a professional greeting and helpful attitude on the phone, in-person, via written communications, etc. for all mdc/MDID Stakeholders, general public, members, vendors, and partners.
- Support for mdc/MDID Management – Provide administrative and project management support for the senior mdc/MDID management.
- Administrative Coordination – Take responsibility for and steward best practices for maintaining an efficient work space. Ensure supplies are stocked and organized, equipment is working properly (phone, copier, postage, etc.), handle any office maintenance issues that arise, and provide leadership in this area among staff. Responsible for distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, deliveries and processing of receipts for deposit. This position will be the liaison with building management in regards to keys, card access, parking and other issues as assigned.
- Meeting Coordination and Minutes – Schedule, prepare for, and document meetings and committee meetings as assigned. Liaison with meeting organizer/hosts in advance to ensure all needs are met.
- Salesforce database support – Provide data entry support to ensure all contacts are kept up-to-date and current. Provide basic reports when requested.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with members, sponsors, partners, and community groups a plus
- Excellent skills, both “soft” and technical.
- Excellent customer service, human relations, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with meeting facilitation.
- Interpersonal influence – values and nurtures relationships, effectively represents mdc/MDID in external and internal matters, and relates comfortably and effectively to management.
- Committed to a high degree of customer service.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and respond to changing needs.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Ability to produce reports and analysis on deadline.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- Experience with database software/s is preferred.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org