Hennepin Healthcare is an anchor medical facility in downtown Minneapolis. Now, with downtown’s residential population rising, added patient care options is more important than ever in our city’s core.
Fortunately, Hennepin Healthcare’s new clinic & specialty center is meeting that need.
The new Hennepin Healthcare Clinic & Specialty Center opened this spring and is bringing 26 primary and specialty care clinics under one roof, providing a wide range of medical care in one convenient location.
Because of how it is impacting downtown Minneapolis, Hennepin Healthcare Clinic & Specialty Center was selected as one of this year’s 2025 plan leadership award winners. It will be recognized on October 2 at the mpls downtown council annual gala.
Today’s downtown residential population is 43,456. Combining that with the 160,000 workers that are downtown each day, and the need for nearby patient care continues to rise.
The new Hennepin Healthcare Clinic & Specialty Center, adjacent to the existing Hennepin Healthcare facilities, added 377,000 square feet of new facility space to the East Town area. It focuses on providing top-notch care to everyone needing assistance in our community.
A few of the details that make this facility special include:
- Six floors of clinics and services, plus two levels of underground parking for patients and their families and a seventh floor utility penthouse
- 377,000 square feet
- Primary care, specialty care, physical therapy/occupational therapy
- Same day surgery center with 5 operating rooms (2 shelled) and 4 GI/endoscopy rooms
- Cancer Center with Radiation Therapy
- Outpatient Imaging Center, Women’s Imaging
- Financed with Hennepin County issued bonds, service on bonds paid by Hennepin Healthcare Systems, Inc. operating revenues
- 2nd level Skyway connection to the Red Building
- Tunnel to Orange Building
- MTC bus stops
- LRT stations 3 blocks north
- Bike parking
- 220 parking stalls underground for patient parking
- Hennepin Health pocket park
The Hennepin Healthcare Clinic & Specialty Center has been hailed as a transformation in the way healthcare is delivered in downtown Minneapolis. Their providers are leaders in research and clinical care, serving you with compassion and expertise. Being located in one building means they can collaborate on your care much more easily, leading to a better medical outcome for you.
Click here for more information on the 2025 plan.