mpls downtown small business grant program
Thank you for your interest in applying for the mpls downtown small business grant program. Small and locally owned businesses are critical to the downtown experience, and we look forward to our shared success as together we reanimate our downtown.
- The purpose of this grant program is to provide critical support for small or independently owned businesses in the categories of restaurant and bars, retail, and venues to preserve the vitality of downtown with a focus on bridging gaps from the beginning of 2021 until the middle of 2021 when there is expected to be a return of downtown office employees who are currently working remotely due to COVID-19.
- Companies may apply for up to 50% of eligible and anticipated expenses (up to $25,000) incurred January-June 2021. Eligible expenses include rent/mortgage payments, utilities, general business and insurance.
- Applications will be considered from December 17, 2020 through January 15, 2021.
- Decisions on grant awards will be prioritized between the categories of bars and restaurants, retail, and venues, with an additional priority to minority and women-owned applicants based upon fundability.
- Decisions on grant awards will be announced at the end January 2021 with payment of the awards immediately distributed.
- Your business, with a physical location open to the public, must be located within the mpls downtown central business district map below. “Within” means either inside or on the border of the delineated streets.
- Your business must be a locally owned business or independently owned franchise including restaurants/bars, retail, and venues.
- You will be required to provide supporting documentation for eligible expenses and submit copies of the final paid invoices referenced in the grant application.
- You must be willing to sign a statement of intention to operate your business mpls downtown through December 2021.
Washington Ave to the NE
Park Ave to the SE
12th St to the SW
1st Ave to the NW