- This event has passed.
East Town Business Partnership | Business Forum at Sawatdee
May 16 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
The next ETBP Business Forum is on Thursday, May 16, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., at Sawatdee. The featured presentation is titled, “Crime and Safety, Sentencing and Restorative Justice.” Registration, lunch and networking start at 11:30 a.m., with the program beginning at Noon. Please RSVP via Eventbrite by Noon on Tuesday, May 14.
Crime and safety are consistently on the minds of those who live and work downtown. In this forum our panel of local, city and national experts will explore a significant shift in the way crime, modern policing, sentencing, incarceration and restorative justice intersect to improve to dramatically improve crime and safety strategies through more holistic approaches to people and systems.
Presenting Sponsor: Sawatdee
- Mark Osler, Professor of Law, University of St. Thomas (To discuss the national narrative)
- Mary Ellen Heng, Deputy City Attorney-Criminal Division, City of Minneapolis (to discuss the City’s shift in policing and policy)
- Cynthia Prosek, Executive Director, Restorative Justice Community Action (To discuss stories from the community)
- Welcome, Call to Order, Introductions (John Campabasso) (5 Minutes)
- Sponsor Recognition, Announcements (Dan Collison) (5 Minutes)
- Presenting Sponsor: Cyndy Harrison, Sawatdee
- Spotlight Presentation: Vanessa Haight, EPNI (10 Minutes)
- Spotlight Presentation: Charles Carlson, BRT advancement and an all electric bus to and from East Town. (10 minutes)
- Feature Presentation: (Moderated by Dan Collison)(25 Minutes)
- Mark Osler, Professor of Law, University of St. Thomas
- Mary Ellen Heng, Deputy City Attorney-Criminal Division, City of Minneapolis
- Cynthia Prosek, Executive Director, Restorative Justice Community Action